This Page

has been moved to new address

"Waiting On" Wednesday (10)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: "Waiting On" Wednesday (10)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday (10)

“Waiting On”Wednesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here, we shine the spotlight on books that are coming out soon that we are excited about reading!

The Savage Grace: A Dark Divine Novel
The Savage Grace by: Bree Despain
Publication Date: March 13, 2012
Publisher: EgmontUSA

Summary from Goodreads:

A troubled soul. An impossible choice.
A final battle.


Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.
With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.
The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

My Thoughts: Without a doubt, this is one of my most anticipated releases of 2012. It's the last installment of the Dark Divine Series and the last one ended on a huge question mark. It will be sad for the series to end, but I hope that it comes to a relatively peaceful closing.

Where It Began

Where it Began by: Amy Redisch Stampler
Publication Date: March 6, 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Summary from Goodreads:

A teen’s world comes crashing down in this compulsively readable YA debut that’s as literary as it is commercial.
Gabby Gardiner wakes up in a hospital bed looking like a cautionary ad for drunk driving—and without a single memory of the accident that landed her there. But what she can recall, in frank and sardonic detail, is the year leading up to the crash.
As Gabby describes her transformation from Invisible Girl to Trendy Girl Who Dates Billy Nash (aka Most Desirable Boy Ever), she is left wondering: Why is Billy suddenly distancing himself from her? What do her classmates know that Gabby does not? Who exactly was in the car that night? And why has Gabby been left to take the fall?

As she peels back the layers of her life, Gabby begins to realize that her climb up the status ladder has been as intoxicating as it has been morally complex...and that nothing about her life is what she has imagined it to be.
My Thoughts: This looks like it could possibly be one of the best contemporaries of this year for me. I love books about people losing and finding themselves again. It seems also like there is a good amount of mystery too. I love mystery.
Please remember to link me to your WoW posts in the comments and tell me what you think of mine!


Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Carina said...

I have only read the first book of the Dark Divine series yet, but I really enjoyed it, so I'll definitely need to continue this series soon.

Where it Began has been on my to-read list for a looong time now and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of it. :)

Carina
Fictional Distraction

 
At January 18, 2012 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Kyanara_BJD said...

I have the first one on my wishlist to, never heard of the second one
Kyanara

 
At January 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

COOOL!! I can't wait to read "WHERE IT BEGAN!!" Sounds fabulous!

http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

 
At January 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Book Sake said...

I still have the first Dark Divine book on my shelf here...got to get to it sometime! Too many books, too little time.
Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

 
At January 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Jessi (Geo) said...

Where it Began is on my Contemp Challenge list. Haven't heard of the other one, but it looks pretty good. Here's my WoW.
Love your blog banner, new follower :)

 
At January 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM , Blogger A Beautiful Madness said...

Both books sounds great, but I have to say I'm more excited about Where it began. It sounds amazing. Great picks!
Em
My WoW post
A Beautiful Madness

 
At January 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where It Began looks amazing! Both look like awesome reads! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Giselle said...

I'm really looking forward to Where It Began it sounds amazing! Great picks!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home