This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Supernatural Beings and Still Waters

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Supernatural Beings and Still Waters

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Supernatural Beings and Still Waters

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we share our Top Ten lists; anything bookish counts!
Teaser Tuesday is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading where we share a passage from the book we are currently reading!

Shadowhunters- the Shadowhunters are unique to Cassie Clare’s books. They are Nephilim that serve the purpose of destroying demons. They carve runes on their skin to give them special abilities (ex; healing, agility, energy). I love everything about them!

Vampires (Evernight) - There are countless variations of vampires in YA. Claudia Gray’s Evernight vampires are my favorite.  Not because of their attributes but because of the characters themselves. I love Balthazar. And in the last book, Lucas’s transition to a vampire really brought light on the fact that vampirism isn’t just all the Twilight glamour nonsense that some people think it is.


Faeries (The Iron Fey) - Faeries are quite accurately depicted in this series; as inhuman, careless, misleading beasts. But then there is Ash and Puck. They both possess some of those qualities but I love them so much, I think it blinds me!
Werewolves (Nightshade) – This is my first werewolf series and I loved the way they were depicted! They had a set of ancient laws that were strictly followed and revered by the packs. Calla is one of my favorite edgy heroines too. She can kick some butt.

Angels (Fallen) - I’ve read so many angel books and this is no doubt above all of them.  Maybe its Daniel’s endless devotion to Luce or maybe it’s the way no human can look at angels without dying of the glory. Either way, I think that angels are depicted with a lot of great imaginary truth, if that makes sense!

Witches (Revealers) - Admittedly, I haven’t read too many books on witches but I doubt many could match this one.  They take witchcraft like a job, much like Shadowhunters. They have a duty and a time to do it. There is also a lot of tension about receiving their magic, which I always like.

Warlock (Cassandra Clare) - This one is specifically for Magnus Bane, my favorite warlock of all time.  Enough said.
Demi-Gods (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)- Mythology is one of my favorite genres, and this adaptation of the Greek gods/goddesses is my absolute favorite! Percy and Annabelle being demi-gods (Part god) really struck me as a completely fabulous and amazing concept.  
 Shades (The Hollow) - Oh, Caspian. *swoons*.  Seriously, he comes as a close second for best males in YA to Jace Wayland.  I love the attribute that Shades can only be material on their death day. It added so much tension to the entire series between him and Abbey. Shades are basically the same thing as ghosts but they exist to find their other half, who may still be living, like in Caspian’s case.
 Machines (Incarceron)- I use the word ‘machines’ because I’m not sure what other way to put it, but I am referring to the Prisoners who were severely injured and had the body part they lost replaced with something metallic/robotic. Sometimes they are so made up of metal that they aren’t even human anymore.  They made this list because of Keiro. In the second book in this series, I really began to understand the burden he carried when all the metal he had was a simple fingernail. Still, it tormented him that he wasn’t completely human.
Teaser Tuesday (1)

Still Waters This week I’m reading:
Still Waters by: Emma Carlson Berne
Teaser:
“Hannah never imagined such darkness. She could barely see the end of her arm when she held it out. She took a few steps blindly, until something caught her foot and she tripped, falling heavily against a nearby tree trunk. The rough bark scratched her cheek and something hard dug painfully into her upper thigh. She rubbed the sore spot and her fingers encountered a hard bulge in her jeans pocket.”

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous Sandy Nachlinger said...

Scary teaser. I'll definitely look for this book.
Here's mine: Teaser

 
At January 10, 2012 at 6:00 AM , Anonymous Tanya Patrice said...

Awesome list - I'm a big Cassandra Clare fan! For werewolves, I also like Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Nina said...

I loved The Hollow & the sequal of it. I need to get my hands on the third book ASAP. ;) Great characters & great story. Awesome list, even though I need most of the books you listed.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an eerie teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_10.html

 
At January 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Tiffany Drew said...

I recently won a copy of this book and can't wait for it to arrive so I can dive into it! Awesome teaser :)

My Teaser

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Blogger danicapage said...

Nice teaser and nice Top Ten Tuesday picks.

Here's my teaser: http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-12.html

And here's my Top Ten: http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-authors-i-wish-would-write.html.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home