This Page

has been moved to new address

"Waiting On" Wednesday (9)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: "Waiting On" Wednesday (9)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday (9)


“Waiting On”Wednesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here, we shine the spotlight on books that are coming out soon that we are excited about reading!


The Girls of No ReturnThe Girls of No Return by: Erin Saldin

Publication Date:  February 1, 2012
Publisher:  Arthur A. Levine Books

Summary from Goodreads:

CUT meets HATCHET in this lacerating debut about girls, knives, and redemption.
The Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area stretches across two million acres in northern Idaho. In its heart sits the Alice Marshall School, where fifty teenage girls come to escape their histories and themselves.
Lida Wallace has tried to negate herself in every way possible. At Alice Marshall, she meets Elsa Boone, a fierce native Idahoan; Jules, who seems too healthy to belong at the school; and Gia Longchamps, whose glamour entrances the entire camp. As the girls prepare for a wilderness trek, Lida is both thrilled and terrified to be chosen as Gia's friend. But everyone has their secrets--their "Things" they try to protect; and when those come out, the knives do as well.
THE GIRLS OF NO RETURN is a bold and powerful debut

My Thoughts:
This looks like the perfect contemporary.  There seems to be a lot of suspense integrated into it as well. The idea of the girls getting together and going on a wilderness trek really interests me because usually trouble is brewed when that stuff happens in books.

Partials (Partials, #1) Partials by: Dan Wells

Publication Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins

Summary from Goodreads:

The human race is all but extinct after a war with Partials—engineered organic beings identical to humans—has decimated the population. Reduced to tens of thousands by RM, a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island while the Partials have mysteriously retreated. The threat of the Partials is still imminent, but worse, no baby has been born immune to RM in more than a decade. Our time is running out.

Kira, a sixteen-year-old medic in training, is on the front lines of this battle, seeing RM ravage the community while mandatory pregnancy laws threaten to launch what’s left of humanity into civil war, and she’s not content to stand by and watch. But as she makes a desperate decision to save the last of her race, she will discover that the survival of humans and Partials alike rests in her attempts to uncover the connections between them—connections that humanity has forgotten, or perhaps never even knew were there.
Dan Wells, acclaimed author of I Am Not a Serial Killer, takes readers on a pulse-pounding journey into a world where the very concept of what it means to be human is in question—one where our humanity is both our greatest liability and our only hope for survival.

My Thoughts:

I literally just watched the book trailer for this, and wow. I really don't know how to explain how much this book looks mysterious and greatly dystopian. Will surely be running like and insane person into the bookstore when this comes out!

What books are you waiting for?



Labels:

17 Comments:

At January 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Excellent picks! I'm reading Partials right now and can't wait to read The Girls of no Return!

My pick:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday40.html
Happy Reading~
-★Wendy★
A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM , Blogger melannie (: said...

Yes, it does sound amazing. *high five on picking Partials too*

(:

 
At January 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great picks! I'm so excited for The Girls of No Return. It sounds a bit creepy, but I'm really interested in reading it. Partials sounds interesting too.

Here's my WOW pick.

 
At January 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't tell if The Girls of No Return sounds a little terrifying or not. :) I do like the blurb though, it makes me want to read it!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM , Anonymous Samual said...

The Girl of No Return sounds very good! I like the sounds of it! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger A Beautiful Madness said...

The Girls of No Return sounds simply amazing. Nice pick Can't wait to read it.
Em
My WoW post
A Beautiful Madness

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Great choices! Both sound really good and I am especially excited for Partials.

Thanks for stopping by my post!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Partial. The excerpt was amazing.

My WOW

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

New follower :-)

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Fantastic picks Sara, I'm really excited for both of these as well! Especially partials, I need that one in my hands immediately:):)

 
At January 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

There's so much support for The Partials out there! I definitely have to check that out!

My Pick:
Glitter Lit

 
At January 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Marathon said...

They have a book trailers for Partials?! I'm so googling that shiz. I'm so excited for its release!!

Have an amazing reading week!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

 
At January 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The Girls of no Return sounds so good and so creepy! Partials also sounds amazing! Great books this week :) Check out my WOW:

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

 
At January 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Grace Fonseca said...

Ooh these all look amazing. Great picks. Come visit me as well.

Grace
Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Just a Lil Lost said...

I've been hearing a lot of great hype for Partials! Definitely excited to check that one out!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Michele | WoW

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Giselle said...

I,m REALLY excited for Partials! It sounds so good! awesome picks!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

 
At January 16, 2012 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Sophia said...

Ooh, great choices! The Girls of No Return sounds REALLY good! I got an egalley of Partials, but I couldn't really get into it. :/ Hopefully, you'll have better luck!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home