This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read YA and the Alchemy of Forever

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read YA and the Alchemy of Forever

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read YA and the Alchemy of Forever

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we share our Top Ten lists; anything bookish counts!
Teaser Tuesday is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading where we share a passage from the book we are currently reading!



Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)

The Curse Workers Series by: Holly Black – I have only read the first book in this series, but I can tell you that there is a lot of gritty crime and punishment going on. People who like crime novels and dark fantasy would love this.

The Body Finder Series by: Kimberly Derting – These books are very dark and morbid. Murder and mystery surround the story and keep you on your toes the whole time. Definitely a great series for a murder mystery lover.

The Mortal Instruments Series by: Cassandra Clare – I find myself pointing out similarities between this series and the Lord of the Rings Series. They both have a complex plot and fantastical elements galore.  Fans of LoTR would love these.

The Near Witch Forbidden  Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
The Near Witch by: Victoria Schwab – My mom, who doesn’t read YA, would love this novel. It is very creepy and has a lot of mystery. Truthfully, I think it could pass for a general fiction book.

Forbidden by: Tabitha Suzuma – This book has teenagers in it, which is about the only thing that makes it YA. The controversial subject matter and emotional gravity of the entire book would absolutely be absorbed by someone who doesn’t read the genre.

The Hunger Games Trilogy by: Suzanne Collins – The things that Katniss, Peeta, and Gale deal with in each of the books are well beyond their age. They are forced to become adults and live and fend for themselves and their families. One could argue that this series would suit even the person most bent on ignoring YA.
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)Delirium Sapphique (Incarceron, #2)
The Iron Fey Series by: Julie Kagawa – Any lover of fantasy, YA or not, would enjoy this tale.  Whether you prefer Puck’s witty humor or Ash’s broody manor, you can’t go wrong with the Fey.
Delirium Series by: Lauren Oliver- this heavy dystopian is a favorite of mine. Lena deals with so much stuff that a teenager should never have to carry the burden of. In many ways, she if forced to make difficult decisions at a level way beyond her years.
Incarceron Series by: Katherine Fisher – If you are looking to explore steampunk, this is your jackpot.  Any lover of historical fiction or fantasy would be enchanted by this series. The writing is so imaginative; it is easy to get lost in the world of Incarceron.
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by: Rick Riordan – I know this is classified as Middle Grade, but I think the later books lean towards YA. The mythology seeping through the pages will wrap around you like a warm blanket and you won’t want it to end. It’s as simple as that.
The Alchemy of Forever
Teaser Tuesday (2)

This week’s teaser is from: The Alchemy of Forever by: Avery Williams

 “A thwack from the direction of the window sets my heart thudding, and I leap up and back away toward the door. Oh God, I think, suddenly sure I will see Cyrus’s face at the window. The thought arrives with a sheen of sweat and a shot of adrenaline coursing through my veins.”
Be sure to link your Tuesday memes below and let me know what you think of mine!



Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Nina said...

Great list & again books that I need to read this year. :) Loving your teaser. Can't wait to get that book too.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm certain I will be trying some of these! Thank you.

Here is my Top Ten. I hope you will stop by!

 
At January 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Shanyn said...

I am working through those Cassie Clare books - I am a contemporary reader so I haven't pushed through them as fast as I could, I have to take a break in between! I also read The Iron King and really liked it but had to take a break from the fantasy too :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home