This Page

has been moved to new address

Die For Me by: Amy Plum

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Die For Me by: Amy Plum

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Die For Me by: Amy Plum

Die For Me (Revenants, #1)Die For Me by: Amy Plum
Publication Date: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count: 341
Format: Hardcover
Series: Revenants #1
Buy the Book: Amazon

Summary from Goodreads:


My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent. Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?


My Review:

This book was epic. It's been a while since I have read a book with so much passion and love in it. This was more of a good thing, I think. Being set in Paris, I completely escaped in the Renaissance architecture and the little cafes that Kate liked to hang out in.

For some reason, I really connected with Katie's character. It must've been her love of literature and old vintage things. The tragic death of her parents left her in a deep ocean of depression until her family intervenes and she is forced to go out in public. While I've never lost anyone like she did and I can't imagine how it feels, I understood what she was going through and how it affected her. I love when I can connect to characters like that.

One thing that bothered me a bit was that there was nothing unique or different about Kate. She was human and falling in love with Vincent. Nothing set her apart from other humans, really. Usually, in paranormal romances, there is some sort of factor that makes the protagonist different.

Vincent was so amazing. I don't think any Frenchman could match up with his chivalry and masculine elegance. While the whole dying-for-three-days-a-month thing was kind of creepy, he was still utterly swoonworthy when among the living.

The setting was probably my second favorite of any book, the first being the Infernal Devices by: Cassandra Clare in London. I really could tell that Amy Plum lives in France because of the rich detail in which the monuments and storefronts, etc. were portrayed.
Official Rating:
Four Un-Birthday Cakes


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I’m a writer, book lover, and your newest blog follower! My blog is Life of Lois Feel free to stop on by.
Lois

P.S. It’s me who just sent you a book review request. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home