This Page

has been moved to new address

Hourglass by: Myra McEntire

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Hourglass by: Myra McEntire

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hourglass by: Myra McEntire

Hourglass Hourglass by: Myra McEntire
Publication Date: June 14, 2011
Publisher: Egmont USA
Page Count: 400
Format: Hardcover
Series: Hourglass #1
Buy the Book: Amazon


Summary from Goodreads:



For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.
So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?
Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.
My Review:

This was the first YA book I have read about time travel. I read The Time Trilogy by: Madeleine L'Engle a few years ago and loved it, so I thought I would give another shot to the subject. I am so very glad I did!

First of all, let me say how much I love Emerson's name. I have never before heard it used as a female name and I love it! Her character kind of reflects it too. She is not girly in the slightest and one of those edgy girls who knows how to protect herself in dangerous situations. Definitely a heroine.

Emerson and Michael meet seemingly by chance. Their relationship and his involvement with the Hourglass organization prove otherwise, however. The two of them have such incredible chemistry, probably one of the most electrifying (pun intended) relationships I have read about in a book.

All of the characters in this book had a good story to themselves, I think. Thomas and Dru had a really cute relationship. Emerson and Michael's brought goosebumps to my skin on occasion. Kaleb, Michael, and Emerson kind of have a potential love triangle, I think. Kaleb reminded me a lot of Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments series. He had a great sense of humor and kind of brooded around, but was also alarmingly strong and handsome. So, ya, Emerson definitely has a lot to think about.

This book was altogether charming and funny, yet the conflict was literally a life-or-death situation, and not in the way you might think.

                                                Official Rating:
Four and a half Unbirthday Cakes!

              Sara

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 25, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Blogger I Heart YA Books said...

Haven't read this one yet, Thanks for the great review :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home