This Page

has been moved to new address

The Iron Knight by: Julie Kagawa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: The Iron Knight by: Julie Kagawa

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Iron Knight by: Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)
The Iron Knight by: Julie Kagawa
Published: October 25, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Page Count: 361
Format: Paperback
Series: Iron Fey #4

Summary from Goodreads:
Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.
Unless he can earn a soul.
To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.
 Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.
 With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side.
 To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale.
 And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.
 My Review:
    Since this book is the last in the Iron Fey series, one of my all-time favorites, I felt the need to stretch out the reading time. Well, that kind of worked. And then it didn't. Nevertheless, I think the series came to a comfortable and happy ending.
    At the beginning, and I guess all through the book, Ash and Puck were always in some sort of scuffle. Puck's usual banter made me love him even more, as it always does. That, and Ash's serious and determined state, made for a great pairing to go on an adventure. Maybe not to them, but definitely for the readers!
    I seriously wonder if Grimalkin is based on the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. The way he speaks and disappears all the time seems oddly similar. Nevertheless, I really love him! He always knew the answers to things and had a way of making everyone else look oblivious.
   The lack of Meghan's POV had me stopping occasionally to remind myself that Ash was the narrator in this book, not her. I guess that's just because I was so attuned to seeing Meghan's. The POV change I was a little concerned about at first. I don't know why, Ash had amazing thoughts that only proved how loyal and good a character he was. There were a few flashbacks that let us see both the best and the worst of him. To me, It made me further realize the effect that being in love with Ariella, and then Meghan, had on him.
     Unlike the previous books, this one takes place entirely in the Nevernever. Only a tiny scene at the end is in the mortal world. This I just loved, because the way that Julie Kagawa expresses the nature and creatures that roam in the wyldwood other parts of Faery is made of just pure amazement.
     Ash and Puck gain some unlikely companions in this book on their quest for Ash's soul. I am not at liberty to say, so you should go read it and find out! Seriously, go NOW!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 3:41 AM , Anonymous Netherland said...

You learn the truth of the power behind these seemingly mythical beings and realize that they would have no life at all were it not for our continuous spinning of the tales in which they live.This book is wonderful and I would recommend it most definitely to younger and older generations alike! I loved this book, absolutely adored it and I know you will too!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home