This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Turned Movies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Turned Movies

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Turned Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we share our top-ten lists!


Harry Potter
My #1 book-turned-movie is all of the Harry Potter books. I was so upset when the last one ended. These books taught me important life lessons and were my childhood companion on long road trips or simply sitting at my desk. My face could be buried in them for days. The movies are my favorite too, because they did such a fabulous job at bringing to life the world that I grew up wishing were real.


I am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)

I Am Number Four

The Lorien Legacy books have to be one of my favorites. After reading The Power of Six, I realized that Number Six is my favorite edgy female character. I could watch the scene over and over again when she blew up the house! Seriously, go watch this!

                  The Twilight Saga
Twilight (Twilight, #1)
When reading the Twilight books a few years back, I thought they were the best thing out there. That was before I found the YA book genre, and those books helped me find it. So, the books were okay, but not the best. The movies, however, are fantastic, I think. They stick remarkably to the plot, which is honorable because they don't a lot of the time. Every movie has a different theme and they always blow me away.

Jane Eyre
 The most recent adaptation of the acclaimed novel, Jane Eyre, was amazing and so powerful. If I were to ask any of my friends to watch it with me, they would probably gawk at how boring they thought it was, but I happen to be a huge fan of Charlotte Bronte and all of the things about Jane Eyre that went so easily unnoticed. She was harboring so many emotions, yet she never broke the straight face. Her history and present love are what make both the movie and the book astounding, heartbreaking, courageous, and overall, real.

The Lying Game (The Lying Game #1)            The Lying Game Series
      
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard was possibly better then her Pretty Little Liars series. It added a new paranormal-ish element to the mystery and suspense that made for the best reading experience. The TV series is fabulous as well! It doesn't follow the book at all, in my opinion. The story porduced by ABC Family is still very enticing and mysterious, however and I like their take on it.
One Day                  One Day
  Having recently watched the movie adaption of One Day, I can tell you that it was much better then The Notebook, or any of Nicholas Sparks' books that were made into movies. It felt so real to watch. The two main characters, Emma and Dexter, were dealing with so many issues and trying to find themselves along the way. This is the ultimate story of true love and overcoming the hardships of adulthood.
     The Chronicles of Narnia
The Chronicles of Narnia (#1-7)Ever since word got out that this series was going to be adapted into a movie, I got to reading them. They were so amazing! As were the movies. There are a couple books that the movies skipped, but still. All of the actos were marvelous and the special effects, animation was exceptional. It followed the book well and I will never get tired of watching all three movies and counting.  
The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2)The Vampire Diaries
I was a bit behind when I started watching the Vampire Diaries and had to watch the entire first season online and catch up with the second. Now, I am steadily watching it every week and it is so captivating and edgy! The first book is on my shelf to read but I have read other books by L.J. Smith and she is excellent. The TV series doesn't follow the book too well, from what I've heard, but I still love it!

The Lord of the Rings               The Lord of the Rings
When I first had the chance to watch the Lord of the Rings movies with my parents, I thought they were so boring and incomprehensible. Then, a few years later, I decided to give them another chance, since my mom loves them so much. That time, I loved them! They are high fantasy and take place in another world. It was so amazing to experience. Every time I watch them, I notice something new that I didn't see before.


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland  Alice in Wonderland
There have been several adaptations of Alice in Wonderland, so let me clarify which one this is. It is the two-part movie that Syfy did about a year ago, called Alice. While I did like the Disney one and the Tim Burton one, I absolutely swooned over this one! It isn't the same story, but interprets all the best elements of the book. I bought this one on iTunes, and I would recommend it above any of these.


    
      What's your favorite book-turned-movie?




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home