This Page

has been moved to new address

"Waiting On" Wednesday (8)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: "Waiting On" Wednesday (8)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday (8)

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Here, we shine the spotlight on books that are coming out soon that we are excited about reading!

Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)Born Wicked by: Jessica Spotswood
Publication Date: February 7, 2012
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Summary from Goodreads:
A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy.
 Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.
Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.
If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other
 My Thoughts: Libba Bray and Cassandra Clare! That's a match made in heaven if I ever heard one. The cover is what caught me. Isn't it beautiful?! It looks like it has a lot of buried secrets in it. Plus, I love books with witches!

In Too Deep
In Too Deep by: Amanda Grace
 Publication Date: February 8, 2012
Publisher: Flux Books

Summary from Goodreads:

I never meant for anyone to get hurt. All I wanted to do that night was make a play for Carter Davis. His heartless rejection was mortifying, but people got the wrong idea when they saw me leaving his bedroom, crying. That’s how rumors of rape started.
Now girls at school are pouring out their sympathy to me. Guys too. But not everyone’s on my side. The school has become a war zone and the threats are getting scary. What began as poetic justice has morphed into something bigger-forcing me to make a terrible choice.
 My Thoughts: This book deals with the horrible concept of rumors spreading like wildfire. This topic isn't addressed enough, and I am so glad to read a book about it. This looks like a very deep contemporary. I have a feeling I will be tearing up a bit in this one!




(WoW picture courtesy of drkangelkitty)





 





Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM , Anonymous Samual said...

In Too Deep sounds interesting. The cover looks dark, which I like it!! Great picks! Thank you for sharing them!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

 
At January 4, 2012 at 5:10 AM , Blogger test said...

Born Wicked sounds really good! and In Too Deep is very intriguing!

Awesome picks!

My WoW picks here

Jay @ We Fancy Books

 
At January 4, 2012 at 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picks! I love the cover for Born Wicked!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Born Wicked definitely looks like a good one. I know I'm looking forward to it!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home