This Page

has been moved to new address

Clockwork Prince by: Cassandra Clare

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Clockwork Prince by: Cassandra Clare

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Clockwork Prince by: Cassandra Clare


Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
Clockwork Prince by: Cassandra Clare
Publication Date: December 6, 2011
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Page Count: 502
Format: Hardcover/Collector's First Edition
Series: Infernal Devices #2
Buy the Book: Amazon

Summary from Goodreads:
  In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
 With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.
 Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
 As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
 
My Review:

For an entire year I waited for this book, during which time I formed ideas in my mind as to how the book would play out. None of what I guessed, happened, of course. It was so much better than I could've imagined!

Tessa Gray is one of my favorite characters. Her love of books is amazing and very relatable to myself. Also, she is so full of mystery, because we still don't know what she is! This bothered me a bit and now I have yet another reason to pine like crazy for Clockwork Princess.

The setting of Victorian Era London is even further accentuated in Clockwork Prince. There is also a bit of Yorkshire in there too. I love everything about the UK and so I especially enjoyed escaping into the historical world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders.

After reading Clockwork Angel, I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about Jem. He was a great character, but nothing really made me very interested in him. In this book, however, I completely fell in love with him! No joke. He is utterly selfless and seems to absorb the emotions of the people he cares about, as if they are his own. His sickness made me so sad, especially as his relationship with Tessa started to heat up. Cassandra better find a cure, is all I have to say!

Since people are proudly declaring themselves Team Jem or Team Will, I feel obliged to say that I am proudly on board with Tem Will! This book revealed so much about Will and his past. To everyone surrounding him, he seemed like an unloving, contemptuous, sarcastic boy. When really, he loved so greatly and passionately than any of them. This made me cry a few times, both of joy and sadness.

And, as most of you know who have read any of Cassandra's works, there was an abrupt cliffhanger ending. It showed a lot of promise though, for Will's future especially.


Official Rating

Five Un-Birthday Cakes!



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

This is such a great review on Clockwork Prince! I completely agree with you on everything you say and I love how you described Will.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home