This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks and Fateful

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks and Fateful

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top Ten and a Teaser Tuesday: Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks and Fateful

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we share our Top Ten lists; anything bookish counts!
Teaser Tuesday is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading where we share a passage from the book we are currently reading!

The Truth About ForeverForbiddenThe Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

The Truth About Forever by: Sarah Dessen: Honestly, most of Sarah Dessen's books could qualify as excellent book club picks. She writes with such a raw understanding of emotions and reactions and how beautiful being imperfect can be.
Forbidden by: Tabitha Suzuma: I think this is already a pick for the Forbidden Book Club over at Reading Teen and a bunch of other blogs. With a group, I know I could spend hours talking about the way Tabitha crafted such an amazing and beautifully tragic story.
The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins: My mom just started reading this and we talked for a while about it. All of the dystopian themes and things that Katniss and Peeta have to deal with would make for perfect conversation at a book club.
New GirlIncarceron (Incarceron, #1)Just Listen

New Girl by: Paige Harbison: I just finished reading this one. I know it would have helped to vent some of my wonderful frustration with a group of people feeling the same! There's also a lot of mystery that would make good discussion.
Incarceron by: Catherine Fisher: This is a confusing dystopian. At first I thought it was historical. There are a lot of things that can be confusing but great once you've figured it out.
Just Listen by: Sarah Dessen: Annabel is one of those characters who is living a seemingly perfect life with a modeling career and a stable family, yet she feels like she's been thrown away by her friends. Something happened to her and it changed her. And Owen would also be a wonderful discussion topic!
Delirium (Delirium, #1)Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)Project 17

Delirium by: Lauren Oliver: The great thing about an author who previously wrote contemporary deciding to write a dystopian is that you know that the emotions and thoughts of the narrator are going to be spot-on fantastic. Enough said.
The Pretty Little Liars Series by: Sara Shepard: (Disclaimer: for those of you who only watch the show, it has absolutely nothing to do with the books) This is like a socialite mystery series that would leave everyone on the edge of their seats, conspiring on who "A" is!
Project 17 by: Laurie Faria Stolarz: A few years ago I read this and I still remember how freaked out I was the entire time. Even though it would be extremely difficult not to read all the way through it, it would make a good club pick for its haunted essence and always wanting to know what happens next.
                                                   Don't Breathe a Word
Don't Breathe a Word by: Holly Cupala: This author must be made of pure genius. She crafted the setting and characters so intricately and developed tension and other emotions with nothing short of perfection.



Teaser Tuesday (3)

This weeks teaser is from: Fateful by: Claudia Gray 

Fateful
 "It's the strangest sound-like a thousand marbles being spilled across a stone floor, though deeper and larger than that. The vibration of it ripples up through our feet, and there's another kind of motion too. A shudder. As though the ship herself were as afraid as I am. And it's so close..."


Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 31, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I've only read one book by Sarah Dessen (Lock and Key) but I agree that any of her books could be book club books because of the topics she tackles in them. I absolutely loved Hunger Games and Delirium.

 
At January 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just reviewed New Girl and enjoyed it. I have seen Forbidden on several lists this week and have bumped it up on the TBR. Thanks for the suggestions.

-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
My Top Ten...

 
At January 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM , Anonymous Meghan @coffeeandwizards said...

Ohh Project 17 sounds interesting. I love books that you can't put down!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home