This Page

has been moved to new address

Unearthly by: Cynthia Hand

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Unearthly by: Cynthia Hand

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Unearthly by: Cynthia Hand


Unearthly (Unearthly #1)
Unearthly by: Cynthia Hand
Publication Date: January 4, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count: 435
Format: Hardcover
Series: Unearthly #1
Buy the Book: Amazon

Summary from Goodreads:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

My Review:

I read this book in the span of one day, which is a bit rare for me. It was that good. However, I feel stupid because I bought this book a long time ago and for some reason never got around to it until now.

It started out a little bit slow for me but I enjoyed getting to know Clara and her angelic origins. This is the first angel book that I've read where the main character/angel is a girl. I loved the fresh perspective! It was very unique and different from the pool of angel books already out there.

I thought it was so cool that the setting is in the Tetons in Wyoming, because my mom went there and said it was so beautiful. That type of thing always makes stories seem more realistic. The scenery plays a huge part in the book as well, and Cynthia does a fantastic job at describing Clara's world to us.

Tucker and Christian. This really set me off a bit. See, I like Tucker, I do, but I've never really been fond of the whole cowboy thing. But, that being said, his personality was really charming and I liked that. While I am still kind of torn on who I think Clara should chose, I am leaning towards Christian. I always thought there was something unique about him and that there was so much more to him than the popular, brooding boy at school. I certainly hope to see much more of him in the next book.

Unearthly left a lot of questions unanswered. It didn't end abruptly or anything, there was just a lot of things I wasn't sure about or had no clue about at all. Nevertheless, this didn't bother me so much because the next book, Hallowed, comes out in a couple months, I think.

Official Rating:
Four Un-Birthday Cakes!

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM , Anonymous Luxembourg said...

This book was like freakin amazing! At first I thought it was going to be one of those books who practically have the same plot, but this one was totally different. I felt like I was actually in the book feeling exactly what the chatacters felt. I couldn't put the book down. Cynthia Hand is an author who twisted the whole plot in a way I never imagined, I was speechless! If you really love books I strongly recommend you pick this one, trust me it turns non readers into readers

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home