This Page

has been moved to new address

Top Ten Tips for New Book Bloggers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Top Ten Tips for New Book Bloggers

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top Ten Tips for New Book Bloggers


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here we share our Top Ten lists; anything bookish counts!

I just want to say before I begin that I consider myself a newbie blogger. I have been blogging for a little over five months and these tips still apply to myself and help me every day.

1. Be Yourself. Be Unique.
Don't fit in with all the other blogs out there. Find some sort of theme or something that it unique to you. Be sure it fits your personality too.
2. Participate in memes.
This skyrocketed my number of page views. It's a great way to get your blog out in the blogosphere and to make blogger friends, even.
3. Be social!
This is another thing that boosted my blog traffic. I have a Facebook page for my blog. That generates some traffic but what really has an impact is Twitter. I tweet about all of my posts at least twice and have some automated. It really works!
4. Don't sweat it.
A lot when I was first starting out, I started to get panicky if I went a few days without posting. I don't know why really, but I realized later that if I have to worry about it, then it sucks the fun out of blogging. I recommend posting consistently, but don't get upset if you miss a day here and there.
5. Have fun!
Being creative and social is one thing that makes it fun. But above all, know that there are some great perks to blogging. Like making acquaintances with authors and other bloggers. Take advantage of this!
6. Read what you want.
Don't feel pressured to read books that have been spewing hype by other bloggers. If it interests you, go ahead. In fact, your readers might like your blog even better if you have some good diversity.
7. Comment on posts.
Another thing that helps with incorporating yourself into the world of book bloggers is commenting. I struggle with this a bit as I am short on time a lot, but I am working on it. It helps to respond to other bloggers and they appreciate it too!
8. Don't give up!
Sometimes blogging can feel like a failure in the first months. It can feel like nobody is paying any attention to it. This will go away if you keep being consistent and social. Don't let it bring you down!
9. Ask questions.
Bloggers often provide their email address for questions and comments. I did this a few times and I'll still do it if I need to. If you have any questions about anything regarding blogging, feel free to email the bloggers that provide email addresses. Don't worry, we won't bite!
10. Be diverse in your posts.
I struggle with this sometimes myself. Try not to only post reviews and meme posts. You should mix it up a bit and create your own meme or have discussion posts. Even some personal posts are okay. Its a blog, after all! This will make your blog stand out and people will remember it.


Be sure to leave a linky to your Tuesday memes in the comments section!





Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very true! some of the blog posts I've gotten the most comments on were just ones I wrote for fun, they weren't memes or reviews!

http://confessionsofacommonreader.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/top-ten-books-on-my-spring-to-be-read-list/

 
At April 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me forever to get any kind of following, because I didn't really stick with it very regularly. Staying with it regularly has seen my blog improve by LEAPS!

My TTT

 
At April 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Sara H. said...

I totally agree.

 
At April 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Sara H. said...

People respond well to discussion posts I've noticed. And it feels great to get comments too!

 
At April 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Angela said...

Sara,
Thank you so much for the encouraging tips!
Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home