This Page

has been moved to new address

Nightshade by: Andrea Cremer

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Through the Looking Glass: Nightshade by: Andrea Cremer

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nightshade by: Andrea Cremer


Nightshade by: Andrea Cremer
Published: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Philomel, Penguin Group
Series: #1 in Nightshade Series
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 452
Buy the Book: http://amzn.to/u635MD

Summary from Goodreads:

         Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

My Review:

       This book is the  first werewolf book that I have read. It turned out to be what I expected and much more! I liked all of the lore and history it portrayed. At times, I found my heart pounding to learn another secret about the pack's history.
       Ren, Shay, and Calla made for the edgiest love triangle. There was always so much tension between every one of them. It was ultimately hard to chose which guy I thought she should be with. But isn't that always the case?
       Calla's character is probably one of my favorite female protagonists. She has so much dedication to protecting her pack and obligating to the tradtions, yet through the whole book she is struggling with what she thinks is right and what she knows is wrong.
      I always like reading books and exploring the different take they use on supernatural creatures. This one was unique to me. Maybe that's just because it's the first werewolf book I've read but I have read books with werewolves in them and this was a fresh and exciting new view that I am glad to have experienced.
         In parts, Nightshade was a bit predictable but not extremely so. Even when I predicted what was going to happen next, it didn't dilute the incredible effect the book had on me.
        At the end, a new and unexpected question popped up in my mind; a big one. It was only a couple pages from the last page and I knew it wasn't going to be answered by the end and now I have to drop everything and get Wolfsbane!

                                                     

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I read all the comments posted and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts! I try to reply to all of them as well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home